Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Healthy Clean Meal for under 400 calories

I started the 21 Day Fix Extreme: Countdown to Competition meal plan this week.  This is perfect for people who are looking to take their nutrition & fitness to the next level.  I'm still finishing out Insanity Max: 30 but I'll be starting this workout program in March.  I'm so excited for it!  Every workout uses weights and I'm missing doing strength work other than push ups.

One thing that will really help you with your meal planning is meal prep.  I threw a bunch of chicken breasts in the crock pot so I'd have some cooked chicken on hand.  I have a bunch of other tips that I'll do in another blog post.  I also have discovered that shredded, sauteed sweet potato is quite possibly one of the greatest foods ever.

So here was my lunch.  I took 1 green of chopped kale, 1 red of diced cooked chicken 1 yellow of shredded sweet potato and 1-2 tsp of coconut oil (I used 1).


  • Take 1/2 tsp of coconut oil & melt it in a pan.  Throw in the chicken and once it's coated in the oil, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the Fix southwest seasoning.  Once heated through, take the chicken off the heat.
  • Melt 1/4 tsp of coconut oil and once melted, toss in the kale.  Cook for a couple minutes until it's heated through and a little crispy on the edges.  The color should change to a darker green.  Eyeball it.  I like my underdone so there's still some crunch.  When you get it how you like it, take off the heat.
  • Melt 1/4tsp of coconut oil and once melted, sprinkle your sweet potato in.  stir around to get coated and add 1/2 tsp of Fix all purpose seasoning.  Now you want to watch the sweet potatoes.  You don't want them to burn but you don't want them underdone.  Turn down the heat a little and let them cook.  Stir them around after a minute or 2 until they get a golden brown color.
And there you have it!   A healthy meal under 400 calories (375 to be exact).  Remember, you don't have to eat tasteless food just because you're eating healthy!



No comments :

Post a Comment