Thursday, February 26, 2015

21 Day Fix vs 21 Day Fix Extreme

What is the 21 Day Fix?

The 21 Day Fix is a fitness program created by celebrity trainer & bikini competitor Autumn Calabrese.  It focuses on clean eating, portion control and 30 minute workouts.


See those cute little containers?  Those right there are the key.  They're for your portion control & they are as follows:
Green - Veggies
Red - Proteins
Purple - Fruit
Yellow - Starches
Blue - Healthy Fats
Orange - Seeds/Dressings

You not only get the containers, you also get 30 days of Shakeology, the workouts, a foolproof eating plan and an online support group for accountability.

The great thing about this program is that has cheat & treats built into it.  3 times a week you can replace a Yellow with 4oz of wine, chocolate, potato chips, chocolate covered raisins and some other goodies.  The reason most people fail when they start a lifestyle change is because they feel deprived.  That word "can't".  I "can't" eat this or I "can't" have that.  With the Fix YOU CAN!  It's all about learning that healthy balance.  It's completely changed the way I eat.  Don't get me wrong, I have my days where I get derailed, but I jump right back on the wagon.

This month, Autumn came out with the 21 Day Fix Extreme.  I met Autumn in Pittsburgh in January where she said that every workout would have weights and this was not for a beginner.  There are no more treats & cheats.  The nutrition is more dialed in.  There's also the Countdown to Competition plan which she uses when she does competitions.  It's very protein heavy with a Fix Extreme day thrown in every 2 days.  There are some different recipes in the eating guide that are super delicious.  I've done a few of the workouts and I can tell you, this will be a challenge but I'm so ready to throw weights back into my workouts

Are you starting from scratch?  Then definitely go for the original Fix.  Don't set yourself up to fail by doing something that you're not ready for.

I think the best thing about both of these programs is that you can do the eating plan with ANY workout program.  I've been following it while doing Insanity Max:30 and have lost 10lbs since January.  

I'm starting the full 21 Day Fix Extreme program on Monday March 9.  If you're ready to get focused for spring, contact me!  I have an ongoing 21 Day Fix group that people can jump in at any time.



No comments :

Post a Comment