Monday, July 6, 2015

Meal Prep Tips!

Meal planning & food prep are going to be your keys to success in any program.  I'm currently doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme Countdown to Competition plan.  It alternates 2 carb depletion days with 1 Fix Extreme day.  It's tough but having veggies, protein & sweet potatoes cooked beforehand has been a lifesaver!

Here's what I did:

Cooked 2lbs ground turkey with 21 Day Fix All Purpose Seasoning
Broiled 1lb chicken breast with 21 DF Smoky Southwestern Seasoning
(see below for seasoning recipes)
Baked 3 sweet potatoes
Steamed broccoli & asparagus

Unfortunately, I didn't time anything.  I poked holes in the sweet potatoes and put them on a cookie sheet with foil for at about 400 degrees.  You have to put something under them like foil or parchment paper because as they cook, the natural sugar will start to leak out.  It can get messy.  When you can easily slide a knife through them, they're done.  Slice them up so they cool & put them in the fridge.

I broiled the chicken breasts on high for maybe 10 minutes.  I honestly can't remember but it didn't take long since the broiler was on high and each one was about 4oz.  Make sure they are NOT pink in the middle.  I don't want anyone to get food poisoning!

I used my giant pan and a quick spray of EVOO and cooked up the ground turkey.  I have a Pampered Chef Mix & Chop that is perfect for breaking up the ground meat crumbles.  Works better if the meat is mostly cooked.

I used my green and red containers to portion out my meals into plastic containers for the fridge.

This took maybe an hour, at the most on a Saturday.  It's not Monday & it's just about gone only because doing Countdown to Competition requires A LOT of protein.  Below are the seasoning mixes I used.  This kind of prep can be done with most meats & veggies just be sure they are cooked to the right temp!

Need help with meal planing, prep or getting healthy?  Contact me!

All Purpose Seasoning
4 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Mustard Powder
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt

Smoky Southwestern Seasoning
1Tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Sea Salt

No comments :

Post a Comment