Tuesday, January 6, 2015

21 Day Fix Easy Lunch

I restarted the 21 Day Fix meal plan to go along with Insanity Max 30.  It really is an awesome way to get control of your portions and though I've started it numerous times, I never finished it.  Now that I'm doing a more intense workout program, I want my nutrition to be on point so I can see the results I want.
A few things first.  Meal prep and planning is KEY to your success on any plan.  It's taken me a while to get the hang of that but I think I'm finally there.
A couple things you can do at the beginning of your week:

*Bake/broil/grill 4oz chicken breasts.  Once they cool, put them in a container in the fridge.  Then you have cooked chicken whenever you need it.
*If you need chopped veggies for your weekly recipes, try to do it the day before.  One less thing you need to do to get dinner ready the next day.
*Peel & chop veggies for snacks & salads
*Hard boil a dozen eggs for snacks & salads (don't forget to label them hard boiled!
*Make your lunch the night before.  If it's a salad, take the dressing in a separate container so the salad doesn't get soggy & wilted.

There are MANY other different things you can do but this was all off the top of my head.

That said, I wanted to share my lunch today.  I love food and I love it when I throw some stuff together & it turns out amazing.  It's cold, snowy & miserable here.  I used the last of my salad stuff yesterday and we get our CSA tomorrow so I don't want to go to the store.  In my fridge, I saw carrots, cabbage & the cooked chicken.  Stir fry!  I should've take pics throughout but I didn't.  Oh well.  And I didn't pay attention to how long it took.  But it's easy & it's good :)

Here's what I did:
Chopped & filled 1 green with cabbage
Sliced & filled 1 green with carrots
Filled 1 red with sliced chicken (see prep note above)
1 orange of the 21 Day Fix Asian Citrus Vinegarette
1 tsp sesame oil
Chopped garlic & a few dashes of ground ginger (or you can use fresh if you have it)

Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil in a large frying pan.  Saute' the garlic for a minute or so on a medium heat (be careful not to burn it!) and add the cabbage & the carrots.  Stir until softened and add the sliced chicken.  Heat the chicken through, add a few dashed of ground garlic and add the vinaigrette.  BOOM!  Warm, flavorful, healthy lunch.  You could do it for dinner too or change up the veggies!

 The greatest thing about cooking is that you can tailor it to whatever you want.






Do you need help with your health & fitness goals?  Contact me! http://bit.ly/RNTAndee

No comments :

Post a Comment